Saturday 23 April 2011

The Veracity


24th December, 2010 Christmas Eve
       I’m having great problems with my girlfriend. She doesn’t seem any longer interested in me. She is ignoring me completely. I feel raw pain in my heart as I get up in the morning, getting ready for my school thinking of her; knowing deep that today would too be the same- she would ignore me.
       But nevertheless I have hope in my heart because I really love her very much and am ready to do anything for her. However even after several assurances I give to myself that she would once again return to normal and that this was just a phase in our relation, I still feel gloomy and lonely in this world.
                                                                           ¤
       I am standing in my school’s morning assembly. Today is Christmas’ Eve and there would specially be some program today in this assembly. We just get one holiday on Christmas in our school because of the Christian minority present here.
       There seems to be an invigorating wind blowing which seems to be passing the message of Christmas-that of peace and harmony. I feel better due to the festive air blowing during the assembly.
       As usual our assembly starts with our morning hymns and prayers. It is Friday and on Friday Assembly we first sing a Sanskrit hymn- Varkratunda Mahakarya followed by Amo Tatsyaya and finally my favorite and according to me the only good song that we have ever sung in these songs; I always loved this song, from the beginning I heard it- The Song of God’s Love-
                                                 Love is what that made us,
                                               And it was Love that saved us,
                                                      Love was god’s plan,
                                                        when he made man.
                                                God’s Divine Nature is Love,
                                          Born of God’s Love we must love Him.
                                           That’s why He made us to Love Him
                                                            But only when,
                                                           We love all men,
                                               Can we partake of God’s Love.
       As usual I tried to sing this song as enthusiastically as possible. I realized that I was singing the song today more loudly and more conscious than I had ever sung before. It felt like the Christmas air was really bringing me into some kind of trance.
       I really was enjoying today singing this song. I was feeling special; I was feeling loved and cared. It was like all my worries had vanished in a jiffy!
       And then suddenly there came a light- very bright light. My eyes were still closed, my mouth singing the song more and more loudly. The bright light I could see through my closed eyes. The light had formed somewhere along the top part of my closed-eye-vision. I perfectly knew this was not a part of my imagination- I was certainly not imagining things.
       But the light was nothing compared to the feeling it brought with itself. When the light shone, it brought to me immense amounts of Peace and Love. I felt so special- so much did I knew now that I was really loved, even though the source of this Love I did not knew. All I knew that I was feeling the top of this world, like I had died and was now in God’s Heaven……
God! This is it! This had to be God. The light- the bright light had brought with itself, to me so much ecstasy and feeling of being loved that it had to be God! It had to be Him.
Maybe it was God’s Angel or something…No! It couldn’t, it had to be Him. God! Oh my! I was feeling so good……I was going to erupt due to this happiness.
Then after some time of this Love, happiness and ecstasy with constant glaring at the Bright Light which was surely God, Himself, the song finally ended. The prayer hymns had ended and now it was time to open my eyes.
But I didn’t want to. I did not want to break the link. I could still feel God. I could still see the Bright Light and I still felt immense relaxation from every tension in the world, but now it would end as I had to open my eyes.
But I still resisted, ultimately after which I had to open. Others had already opened their eyes ages ago and some were glaring at me wondering what I was doing.
I ignored them…they were foolish people. They never dared to explore the miracles of their lives even when they would see it in front of their eyes. They were afraid of the Invisible and the Unknown. But I had witnessed a miracle and was ready to accept it even though I could give no reasonable explanation to it.
Hey! Maybe I was being arrogant. I should not think that only I accept to witness miracles. Aren’t everybody made equal. I shouldn't have thought that.
And then I remembered a quote-
    ‘Yours is not a better way, yours is just another way’
How much more true can a saying be! I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment